Friday, January 27, 2012

Hawaii 2011

Every couple years my parents gather the family and take us on a trip to one of our favorite places. Kona, Hawaii!! I am so grateful for these memories and my parents for making it a possibility. Jake made it on this trip which was SO fun! He already had made a great impression on the family but it was awesome to spend some quality time! We did so many cool things on the Big Island and have so many pictures! Close to 1,000 so I really had to narrow it down.. here are a few!
We took ALOT of couple pictures trying to get a good selection to put on display at the reception! Perfect scenery!!
This was our attempt at a sister picture down the slide (missing rach:(..) Lets just say it was an EPIC fail haha a couple bumped heads and a collision in the sand- & we didnt even get a decent picture out of it haha
Some random pictures with wonderful people!!

One of my favorite parts of the trip- One of the days we drove to a beautiful black sand beach!! it was really cool but you had to hike down to it. It was NOT easy. the best part? Even my sister Cait made the trip down/up and we were SO proud of her.
Picture of the grandkids before we trekked back up! The saddest part about this picture is that luke was sick, poor guy had thrown up and you can totally see it in his sad face. Beck was wonder mom and carried him up & down! The best part of this picture is bennerman, I don't know where he learned this pose but his arm isn't resting on anything haha I love it!
The nephews took it upon themselves to be the kissing police, they took that responsibility seriously and dane got in the way several times :)
We ate at so many good restaurants and I got to show Jake around one of my favorite places in the world!
On one of our last days we went to secluded beach that was beautiful!! Only a little bit into our stay it began to POUR!! we all took refuge, some in the warm water and some under towels and umbrellas :)

HAWAII was wonderful and I am so ready to go back :)
We missed the Uffens ALOT but still a memorable trip!
Thanks Mom and Dad!

No comments: